JediOKC @ the Pride Parade-June 22, 12-2

Talk about upcoming and past conventions & events
SakuraMoon06
Force Sensitive

Re: JediOKC @ the Pride Parade-June 22, 12-2

Post by SakuraMoon06 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:44 am

So what time does this parade start? And what time should we show up? And is there a changing area?

ClairBear
Jedi Council

Post by ClairBear » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:02 pm

From Rachel-"I can’t post on the forum right now because I’m out of town and can’t access my computer, but as of right now I am planning on being there in my classic Leia! That being said, if there is an LGBTQ+ member who would like to be an original trilogy era Leia, I will gladly let them take my place 😊 Just let me know!"
-Carissa

Darth Maladi
ANH Leia
Jedi
Twilek
Ghostbuster
Wonder Woman

ClairBear
Jedi Council

Post by ClairBear » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 pm

PLEASE READ THIS!!! Here are some of the main points regarding the Pride Parade next Saturday!

• I need to know how many people will be attending. I don’t expect to get over 20 volunteers (that’s what I put on the entry form) but if there are, I have to notify the parade director beforehand!

• The parade begins at 12. Please be lined up around 11:30, that is when the judges will begin checking groups for the entry competition. Begin lining up at the NW corner of 39th and Classen. The line will continue north towards NW 46th. The parade route runs down 39ths to Youngs Blvd and is 1 mile. The announcer stage is at Angles off 39th and Penn.

• You are not allowed to park in the staging area. I would suggest parking off location and Ubering over to the staging area if your costume will allow.

• We can’t THROW candy/buttons; it must be handed to recipients ALONG the crowd. Do not invite anyone into the route to hand them something.

• We must keep 30’ between us and the group in front of us! We’ll have a JediOKC banner on poles. Whomever will be holding the sign (we can take turns), please make sure that you’re maintaining that distance.

• EVENT PARTICIPANTS ARE PROHIBITED from challenging, harassing, threatening, or otherwise engaging any protester.

PARADE ROUTE- https://ibb.co/yNBpDv8

I will have more information regarding where we will be stage early next week!
-Carissa

Darth Maladi
ANH Leia
Jedi
Twilek
Ghostbuster
Wonder Woman

Noone-Rey
Force Sensitive

Post by Noone-Rey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 pm

New info, I wont be making it after all but if anyone wants to borrow my bi pride flag let me know and I can get it to you! It's a big one:)
TFA Rey
TLJ Rey
Jyn Erso
Ewok Leia
Qi'ra
Mustafar Padme
Imperial Officer
Hermione Granger
Ghostbuster
Joyce Byers
Thirteenth Doctor

SakuraMoon06
Force Sensitive

Post by SakuraMoon06 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Hey Carissa! One more question! How is the table working? Will it be open before the parade or during it? Do we know where it will be yet? Sorry for all the questions!

Sithbliminal
Force Sensitive

Post by Sithbliminal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:28 am

Darth Rhynna will get her rainbow shiny on. This is amazing! So proud to be part of this club.

Sithbliminal
Force Sensitive

Post by Sithbliminal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:31 am

I’d love to carry the bi flag. How can I get it from you? Message me on FB. Leanne Reames Moffitt.

TeVerd
Force Sensitive

Post by TeVerd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Just a quick update - I plan to be there in Dark Jedi gear, not the imperial officer. The darksider rig is a little easier to lighten up for this heat and humidity.

ClairBear
Jedi Council

Post by ClairBear » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm

SakuraMoon06 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 pm
Hey Carissa! One more question! How is the table working? Will it be open before the parade or during it? Do we know where it will be yet? Sorry for all the questions!

I have no idea. I've been trying to get info but no one had responded. :/
-Carissa

Darth Maladi
ANH Leia
Jedi
Twilek
Ghostbuster
Wonder Woman

Squirrelly Jedi
Force Sensitive

Post by Squirrelly Jedi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks again forthe help in making my lekku. I will be there as a part of the Twi'lek Rainbow Brigade!