Halloween for the kids at Spencers - Oct. 28th

Talk about upcoming and past conventions & events
SMGtoy
Jedi Council
Halloween for the kids at Spencers - Oct. 28th

Post by SMGtoy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 pm

What: Integris Mental Health "Candy for the Kids".
When: Monday, October 28th
Where: Integris Mental Health Hospital, 2601 N. Spencer Rd. Spencer, Ok.
Time: 6:00ish
Show up: Before 6:00ish
Changing room: Yes
Genre: All
Prop weapons: Yes

This is our annual Halloween visit, and we will be treating these kids to something they wouldn't have if we didn't provide it. So please come if you can, must be18 years old, and no cell phones inside the hospital. ( Their rules, not ours).
Please post here if you can make it, and what costume you will be wearing. See you there!

Ryan
Force Sensitive

Re: Halloween for the kids at Spencers - Oct. 28th

Post by Ryan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Hey guys! I am so excited for this! We've been bringing joy to these kids for so many years, it warms my heart to think of all the happiness we've created.

Two things: We'll be assembling candy buckets at McKinley Design Studio on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 7 pm. All are welcome.

and...

As some folks may be new or newish, I have been asked to review some of the policies for visiting the Integris Hospital in Spencer that may be unique to the location prior to our visit. These are requests made by the hospital, and I'll be as sensitive as I can in relaying them to you all.

1.) The kids are given very specific instructions from their unit leaders about behavior and etiquette. They get in trouble very easily if they don't comply to those rules. Unit leaders vary in their expectations--some may be very playful and allow some "horsing around", but others can be pretty strict. It is imperative to the safety of the children AND to our being invited back that we do not do anything to aggravate, spin up or overly excite the kids. This means any type of rebellious or irresponsible behavior that might lead the child to be punished. Something as playful as a Jedi mocking Darth Vader could fit into that category. Asking the kids to join into that mockery and chanting and such could land the child in trouble with their unit leader. Even if it is "in character," please be sensitive to this and don't create a situation where the occasion goes from a celebration to a punishment.

IF we find that during the visit that this expectation is not being met, we will kindly remind individuals of the standard. The need to do so twice will result in removal from the facility by security. We take this pretty seriously and do not want to create a situation that will bring unnecessary discipline upon the kids we are there to serve.

2.) Many of the teens there can be triggered by certain elements of a costume that could be considered voluptuous or revealing. Some of our costumes that are perfectly fine for a family-oriented event in the general public may not be appropriate for visiting Integris Spencer. These include anything with exposed mid-drifts and high thighs, excessive decolletage and overly tight or form-fitting cat-suits/speedos. I do not mention these attributes to call out any one particular costume or individual, but only to make sure that the visit is positive for the children and teens we are visiting.

IF your costume fits this category, please know that I appreciate your efforts in making your costume accurate and professionally done, but maybe it would be best to use another costume for this visit. Also, you are always welcome to attend in a club t-shirt and assist in some other manner during our time there. We will be monitoring for appropriate costumes at the event, so please don't feel picked on when we enforce this standard on the day of the visit.

If you have any questions or concerns that you'd like me to address privately, please feel free to Private Message me or any members of the council.

Thanks! And Happy Halloween!
--Ryan

Sgt_
Force Sensitive

Post by Sgt_ » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Shannon and I will be there, I will be Darth Maul, she hasn't decided on what to be yet lol

RacheLeia
Force Sensitive

Post by RacheLeia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:00 pm

I will be there as Leia (most likely Bespin but I may do Senatorial if I have enough energy that day)!
"Stay afraid, but do it anyway." - Carrie Fisher

Costumes:
Senatorial Leia
Bespin Escape Leia
Hoth Leia
Marvel Comic Book Leia
Huttslayer/Sandstorm Leia

Policeman Bob
Force Sensitive

Post by Policeman Bob » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:37 am

I will be there as a Ghostbuster this year. I am so happy I am able to make this one!
Costumes:
Han Solo
Cassian Andor
TIE Pilot
TIE Reserve
Imperial Crewman
(Indiana Jones, Marty McFly, Mork from Ork, Ghostbuster, Gotham PD, Alex DeLarge)

Swarts
Force Sensitive

Post by Swarts » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm

I will be here as Professor Xavior since I will have my scooter.

Len
Site Admin

Post by Len » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 pm

I will Vader for this.

crochetleia
Jedi Council

Post by crochetleia » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:57 pm

I will be there, I made a new 1930s Hufflepuff costume. I will be there at 5:30 already dressed and ready.

Noone-Rey
Force Sensitive

Post by Noone-Rey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 pm

I will plan to be Rey!

Edit: I wont get off work in time, I am so sad! Have a wonderful time, guys!
Last edited by Noone-Rey on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
TFA Rey
TLJ Rey
TROS Rey
Jyn Erso
Ewok Leia
Qi'ra
Cal Kestis
Mustafar Padme
Imperial Officer
Hermione Granger
Ellie Williams
Ghostbuster
Thirteenth Doctor

Mswaju
Force Sensitive

Post by Mswaju » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 pm

I'll be there, dressed as mother nature.