Hey guys, I talked to Rick about this event yesterday and that they had expressed an interest in Jedi OKC bringing Jabba out for it. I thought I'd just post up the event details here so you can all see them for yourselves.
Tulsa Pop Culture Expo
EVENT REQUEST INFO
• Name of event: Tulsa Pop Culture Expo
• Website (if any): https://www.facebook.com/events/1873889859494572/
• Event Location (Address): Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, 6808 S 107th East Ave, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
• Event Coordinator (Name, email, ph #): Arthur Greeno, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Legion Coordinator (Name, email, ph #): Chris Curtis, email@example.com, 918-760-9978
• Date of Event: Friday, Nov 2-Sunday, November 4, 2018
• Event Schedules: PENDING
• Indoor or Outdoor Event?: Indoor
• Will parking be made available to the attending members? Yes
• Are there any parking costs?: No
• Description/Purpose of event (i.e.; Charity, fundraiser, promotion, private party, etc.): Tulsa Pop Kids Inc. was created in 2017 to provide support within our community specifically to promote literacy programs for children through Pop Culture and entertainment. All proceeds raised during the Tulsa Pop Culture Expo will help our efforts in promoting that cause including providing comics to local elementary schools and to the children in St. Francis Medical Centers.
They have requested the presence of the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Mando Mercs, and R2 Builders for this event. Complete details are still pending, so stay tuned for further information regarding the scale of our participation.
I also discussed with the T-Pop organizers and then with Rick Young (Jedi OKC) the possibility of bringing out their Jabba for this event. T-Pop was excited by this prospect, and Rick agreed that they would do so. I told Rick that we would gladly provide setup/breakdown assistance, as needed.
• Expected number of attendees: 7,000-10,000
• Number of costume characters requested: Any/All
• Any specific character requests (good guys, bad guys, etc)?: Any/All
• Will a secure changing room be provided?: TBD
• Are fake guns and other weapon props allowed? (blasters, lightsabers, etc.)?: Yes
• Will there be any cost to the attending members?: Working on complimentary or discounted tickets for us. Will update as soon as I have further information.
• Will there be any cost to the attending members guests (spouses/family)?: Same as above.
• Will a charitable donation be made to an organization in the name of The Legions?: We'll do some photo ops and encourage donations, but not expecting to do Blast-A-Trooper at this time.
• Is there anything else we should know about the event? (such as, how many additional guests can attending troops bring?): n/a
• Will a presentation area be provided so that we may bring banners, brochures, temporary tattoos, and/or photo backdrops?: Yes
• Will water be made available to the costumers in attendance?: Bring our own.
• Is wheelchair access available to reach there area where you would like us? (This is particularly useful if a droid is available for your event.): Yes
• Is this multi-group official event, or an open event (includes Rebel Legion, 501st Legion, Mando Mercs, R2 Builders, The Dark Empire, Jedi Assembly, etc.)?: Yes-Official Only (including serious recruits/cadets)