Calendar 
Coats and Shoes for Integris Childrens Hospital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JediOKC Forum Index » Conventions and Events View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coats and Shoes for Integris Childrens Hospital
16 Dec 2017
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

84 events

After the Spencer Halloween visit to Integris, a few of our big-hearted members were so moved by the plight of the children at the hospital that they voted that night to take on the effort of raising all the money necessary to provide a new coat and new shoes for every child for Christmas, just like we did last year.

I’ll admit, after our huge effort in 2016, I was not going to ask us to repeat the fundraiser in 2017…figured I’d give you all a break. But I was thrilled to hear that we’ve decided to do it without any prompting on the council’s part…you guys are the best!

And so we begin our largest, shortest fundraiser ever. We’ll need to raise $15,000 by Dec. 16. And you want to hear something crazy? I know we can do it!

We will hold two “official” JediOKC fundraisers: Sat. Nov. 25 Karaoke for Koats at 7 pm (McKinley Design Studio, 220 NW 59th St., OKC—see the post in Conventions & Events for all the glorious details) and our annual Art Auction on Dec. 16 during our JediOKC Christmas Party. The hospital will need to have the money by then in order to gift the items to the kids by their Integris Christmas Party on or about Dec. 20 (which we have been invited to attend, dress up and deliver the coats & shoes).

We have a GoFundMe campaign to reach friends & family that are interested in donating but unable to attend these events: https://www.gofundme.com/jediokc-coats-shoes-for-integris Please--share this like crazy on social media with all your friends and family.

Other ideas for collecting funds:

--Have a bake sale at work and donate the proceeds

--Save your loose change and bring it to a JediOKC meeting (or loose $1 bills…those things just take up space in your wallet for $10’s and $20’s)

--Sell an unused prop, costume or collectible and donate the funds

We’ve got to get creative if we are going to do this.

But I know we can! We are JediOKC! We are many! And we…are…mighty!

Page 1 of 1